Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Insert Tom Petty Quote Here

Although I feel a number of TP songs describe my life, this one nails it for how I presently am feeling.

Why?

The jury is out, and has been deliberating for two hours now. It's like taking a final- you prep, study (or in my undergraduate case, do nothing because my major was a joke), stress, get pissed off when you sit down and see that someone has written "While you were studying for your final we were shrooming," and then endure the test. You do everything you can, and then it's completely out of your hands.

There's nothing left I can do for this trial and it's frankly rather irritating, because like anything, you always feel like there's more you could have done. Still, I'm relieved that for the first time in 3 weeks I've been able to be in my office at 10:41 and actually work on things that are more manageable and not so much of a drain on my soul.

For example, today I got to call and berate AT&T for stealing 175 dollars from me. Long story short, I was apparently under contract without knowing it and when I stopped service I got dinged for the cancellation fee. Asking myself WWLLKD, I called up billing and gave them a piece of my mind and threatened legal action no less than 7 times. (At one point I intimated that I work in criminal law and know that for a fact that their actions constituted several violations of state and federal law and just by talking to me they were at risk for criminal sanctions.) This was two weeks ago, and after the lengthy discussion I was assured that the money would be returned to my account within 48 hours.

Flash forward to today. Upon review of my ever-voluptuous checking account, I was surprised to see that there was a shockingly absent 175 dollars from my friendly neighborhood evil company. So I call. I explain that I was guaranteed the money to be returned, and that I was getting progressively more upset. They did not care too much so I talked to the supervisor, who played the whole "I'm as high up as you're going to get card" as he explained that THE REFUND WAS SUBJECT TO REVIEW BY CORPORATE AND WAS DENIED.

Frustrated, but not deterred, I found corporate's number and shot for the top- THE PRESIDENT OF AT&T. Seriously, I was put through to the office. Granted I talked to someone probably much lower, but I'm happy to say that as of 2/9/11, at 10:48 a.m., I have been assured, by the PRESIDENT (of AT&T) that I"M GETTING MY MONEY BACK.

I realize that this story is kinda boring, but it's an exercise in keeping my mind off my jury and wondering what the hell they're talking about.

Also, a Contra Sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment